MICROTEX Mining locomotive battery -We move you further in deep mines!
Microtex Mining locomotive batteries for the mining industry
Prompt Deliveries Assured - Scroll down
High Performance Batteries
Mining Locomotive Batteries for underground mining locomotives
Microtex builds safe and reliable traction battery for mining locomotive battery electric locomotive applications. Mining locomotive batteries are 2v battery cells and need to be built with special care and shall not have any sparks in service. Microtex mining locomotive batteries are built with special care to ensure complete safety in operation, is dependable and trustworthy power source for your mining locomotive deep underground.
- Sturdy PPCP (polypropylene copolymer) containers for durability
- Designer lead alloys with low antimony for positive plates & negative plates to prevent failures due to corrosion
- Special feature to ensure water less frequency – a boon in the deep mines where frequent maintenance can be a challenge
- Correctly Balanced Active Materials ensure long life & trouble free performance
- 150 bar High Pressure Die casted Spine Grids for Tubular Positive Plates (densely compacted under such high pressures prevent early corrosion failures)
- Superior Woven Tubular Gauntlets (not NON Wovens) for Tubular plates Woven tubular gauntlets will not rupture in service and active material will not leak causing internal shorts & failure
- Specially designed Vent Plugs with high visual Red Float level indicator offers easy visual indication of electrolyte level
- High quality flexible copper cell connectors with accurate current rating design
- Special plastic coated, corrosion resistant bolts, with micro hole to take voltage readings
- Plastic shrouds on connectors ensure no accidental shorts
- Heavy Duty Rema Plugs for take-off terminal connections
- Imported Automatic water filling system for single point watering for automation & quick maintenance for large forklift fleet operators
- Factory Charged Batteries – No fuss no mess. Use straight away
- Battery tray made of MS, Powder coated to 100 microns to ensure battery housing tray does not corrode during the expected long life of Microtex traction battery
- Special unique layer of coating in addition to powder coating makes double sure – no corrosion
- Cushioned packing between cells to gently transfer jerks & jolts, keeping the battery cells, vibration free to provide long service life
- cells have vent provision for added air agitation if required at customer end
Benefits for you
- Complete range available for all mining locomotives worldwide
- Long service life – best return on investment cost
- High capacity tubular battery with deep discharge characteristics recovers from deep cycles quickly
- Low water consumption – less frequent maintenance
- All India service network
Some of Microtex Mining Locomotive battery features that Locomotive manufacturers in India and abroad look for, include:
- Balanced Active Materials ensure long life & trouble free performance.
- Deep Cycling capabilities with quick recovery from deep discharges
- Easy recharging
- Long service life
- Anti corrosion terminals
- Extremely low maintenance due to special low antimony alloys
- Rugged PPCP container & Cover
- Available in all standard sizes
- High Pressure Die casted Spine Grids for Tubular Positive Plates.
- Woven Tubular Gauntlets for Tubular plates ensure it will not rupture in service and active material will not leak.
- Special Vent Plugs offer visual indication of electrolyte level.
- High quality Copper cell connectors with corrosion resistant bolts.
- Plastic shrouds on connectors ensure no accidental shorts.
- Heavy Duty Plugs for take-off terminal connections
- Automatic water filling system for single point watering with ease
Mining locomotive batteries are comprised of deep cycle traction 2v cells assembled & housed in a steel tray to the required voltage & Ah capacity of the locomotive
- 12v Mining Locomotive Battery All range from 42Ah to 1505Ah of your required voltages
- Custom built option
- All above Mining Locomotive Batteries are available in the International standard designs of BS (British Standards) capacities from 42Ah to 1404Ah and in the 2nd popular type of International standard DIN designs (German Standards) capacities from 100Ah to 1505Ah
Microtex mining locomotive traction batteries meet stringent International Standards. Microtex mining locomotive traction batteries comply with
- IS 5154 (Part 1)2013
- IEC 60254-1:2005
- IEC 254-2
- EN 60 254-2
Our labs are equipped with state-of-the-art high-quality life-cycle testers from world-class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron to ensure our batteries stand meet the required electrical parameters to the test of time.
- Battery is supplied packed for transport on a non tiltable pallet
- Take off copper cables of rated capacity suitably protected
- Rema or Anderson connector plugs to connect to Locomotive
- Instruction & maintenance manual
- Charging manual
- Charging & user record book
- Test Certificate
- In India – One tree sapling to promote a green environment
- Peace of mind with our dedicated all India service support
Often taken for granted until things go wrong, mining locomotive batteries require maintenance and care to the same degree as the locomotive motor and mechanics of the locomotive itself. Traditional locomotive batteries are composed of lead-acid cells, which need a full recharge everytime to prevent capacity loss and to bring up all the cells up to the same voltage. The battery of a mining locomotive is like the heart in a body. If it isn’t regularly maintained and looked after, it may fail.
We shall be happy to maintain your fleet of mining locomotive batteries and help protect your investment. Call us now to schedule a free health check up of your mining locomotive battery +91 9686 448899
Please provide us with the following information to ensure that you receive the right product for years of great performance:
- Brand & model of Locomotive – if nameplate is available please send us a photo
- Brand & model of existing Battery – if nameplate is available please send us a photo
- Does the old battery have welded connectors or bolt on connectors?
- What is the Voltage & Ah
- Is the nameplate of the existing battery available? if yes please send us a photo
- Size of the steel box (outer dimensions) LxWxH in mm
- Layout of the cells in the steel tray (for eg 96v battery: 12 x 8)
- Vent plug – Normal flip top or Auto fill system?
- Battery socket – connector type with rating
- Length of existing battery cable from terminal to connectors
- Microtex Mining Locomotive Battery Charging Instructions
Microtex Mining Locomotive batteries meet
stringent international standards
We manufacture the complete battery & all components in house!
Microtex produces the specially designed lead alloys, lead oxides, grid castings, pasted plates, injection molded containers, multi-tubular gauntlets, PVC separators in house, and produces the complete battery using state-of-the-art industry standard battery making machinery. Our batteries are built with proven designs and undergo complete life cycle testing to international norms before they are offered to the market. The electrical lab is complete with high quality LCT from world class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron.
Established in 1969
Microtex electric forklift batteries raises expectations!
Microtex manufactures safe and reliable mining locomotive batteries. We want to get that fact across as we know these features are the primary considerations. Microtex specializes in providing batteries for Railways, with batteries for the locomotive industry being a significant area of expertise. Microtex also specializes in manufacturing Traction Batteries for forklift and material handling equipment, with the complete range of all available BS & DIN Standards cells. Mining locomotive battery is also a similar kind of traction battery application Our batteries are used in the transportation of freight as well as passengers. Battery powered locomotives need an efficient and reliable source of energy. Our in house manufacturing capability allows us to produce larger traction batteries with dependable capacity and reliability.
Exporting Batteries to 27 countries since 1977!
- Factory Charged locomotive Batteries – No fuss no mess. Use straight away.
- Special designs ensure complete safety for use dep underground
- Long service life ensure trouble free operation of your battery electric locomotive
- locomotive batteries are supplied with heavy duty imported intercell connectors that are reliable & corrosion free
- 50 years of battery manufacturing expertise combined with internationally reputed battery scientists & Battery experts ensure Microtex delivers you a high-quality international performance.
- 26 company service engineers strategically located ensure you have peace of mind anywhere in India
Microtex regularly export mining locomotive batteries
Traction Batteries for the mining locomotive industry that keep you on track!
Here is what we feel are our typical mining customer needs: is this you?
- Our customer research revealed that these are the most important features any customer feels are essential.
- Safety, first and foremost. Perfect weldings to avoid sparks and bolt on connectors of high quality to avoid any loose connections and sparks
- Low maintenance and high dependability.
- The durability of materials, ultra-low antimony coupled with selenium and tin for high strength and to avoid early corrosion of grids
- Realistic price.
- Optimum Active materials for rated capacity, better efficiency, and performance
- Optimal grid design for high power output.
- High, round-trip efficiency.
- Easy, low maintenance- throughout the battery life.
- Delivery on time – every time.
- Fast after-sales support and professionalism.
- If you associate with these needs, Microtex mining locomotive batteries fulfill all of these criteria – our sales throughout the world hold testament to this.
- Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today and we will happily manufacture a high-performance mining locomotive traction battery to meet your requirements.
- Our prices are realistic and we offer a modular or bespoke service for all of our customers.
Request a Quote for Mining Locomotive Batteries
Related Blog posts
A battery is an electrochemical device which stores energy in a chemically bonded structure and releases the energy in the form of electrons resulting from the battery’s chemical discharge reactions. Charging the battery provides the electrons to reform the chemical bonds which are stored in the battery’s active materials. This is true of all battery chemistries, including those mentioned in this blog: lead-acid batteries, nickel-metal hydride, nickel-cadmium and lithium-ion variants. In this blog we will be discussing the optimum charging procedures for 12 volt batteries.
The working environments of mines do differ depending on their location and the material being extracted. An underground coal mine for example will focus on fire abatement and protection against methane gas or lung diseases such as silicosis, whilst an open cast chalcopyrite mine would have different considerations.