110v 120Ah, 110v 1100Ah VRLA, 2v 525Ah, 2v 650Ah, 2v 800Ah
Microtex Train Lighting & Air Conditioning LMLA & VRLA batteries
Microtex train lighting & airconditioning battery
Microtex Train Lighting Batteries meet stringent RDSO Standards
Microtex train lighting & air conditioning batteries comply with RDSO Specification RDSO/PE/SPEC/AC/0058-2005 Rev 0, IS 6848:1979
VRLA batteries comply with RDSO Specification RDSO/PE/SPEC/AC/0009-2014 Rev 2
Microtex is ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 certified
Our labs are equipped with state-of-the-art high-quality life cycle testers from world-class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron to ensure our batteries stand meet the required electrical parameters to the test of time.
Microtex Train Lighting batteries are available in the RDSO approved range:
- 6v 120 Ah Flooded LMLA Battery
- 6v 120Ah VRLA Battery
- 6v 120Ah TGel VRLA Battery (to be approved)
- 2v 210Ah LMLA Battery
- 2v 525Ah LMLA Battery
- 2v 800Ah LMLA Battery
- 2v 1100Ah VRLA Battery
Microtex Train Lighting 110v 120Ah Low maintenance flooded Batteries and Air Conditioning Cells in 110v 110Ah Batteries with Valve Regulated Lead Acid Battery technology (VRLA Battery)
Microtex was the First Battery company to offer 6v 120Ah Tubular Gel Batteries to the Indian Railways in 2014
Microtex supplies industrial heavy duty batteries to the Indian Railways for various applications and is a Part 1 supplier. Microtex batteries have performed well in the past and has been a reliable battery supplier since 1994. Indian Railways use batteries as a source of power when the train is stationary or moving at low speeds. The power supply unit along with the batteries are fitted outside and underneath the coach. The batteries are designed to meet the harsh environments where dust and heat are generated as the train is speeding along the tracks facing the cold and the heat from different parts across India. Microtex batteries are available for Train Lighting in Tubular Gel VRLA Battery, AGM VRLA cells and in flooded Low Maintenance Batteries of 110 volts 120 Ah .
For railway coach Air conditioning in 110 volts 1100 Ah maintenance free Valve Regulated Lead Acid Cells housed in steel modules. These are placed under carriage.
Microtex high performance batteries offer trouble free battery life
Specially designed and engineered for the railway industry, the Microtex train lighting battery feature a higher reserve capacity to augment the auxiliary on-board equipment on the Train. Making it the choice of the rail industry. The train lighting battery are constructed to form 6 volt monoblocs. Each train lighting battery is hermetically heat sealed to avoid any leakage of electrolyte. Electrolyte leakage causes costly corrosion buildup. Leakage currents could damage the sophisticated electronics in the coach. The foolproof designs particularly in the vent plug of the VRLA battery ensures the battery performs without any leakage throughout its service life.
The balanced active materials in the woven gauntlet positive tubular plate design and construction ensure higher capacity in the same space. In VRLA Batteries the Positive plates are thicker to resist corrosion. Our train lighting batteries are built to perform in the stringent requirements of the trains operating in the harsh climates of the huge Sub-continent from 0 degrees C in Kashmir to 48 degrees in Tamil Nadu. These batteries have been serving the Indian railways since 1994 and are the trusted choice of the railways.
Special designer lead alloys, comprising of very low antimony selenium lead with special grain refiners added, to provide minimum water consumption, ensuring reduced water topping up frequency and making it easier to maintain. The woven engineered gauntlets, with precise porosity, do not rupture or burst in service and are superior to the non-woven gauntlets. The terminals are provided with tin plated copper inserts to eliminate terminal melting and provide better electrical conductivity minimising internal electrical resistance.
The batteries are tested and approved by RDSO (Research Designs & Standards Organization, Ministry of Railways, Government of India).
Microtex is a Part 1 supplier and supplying batteries to the Indian Railways since 1994
Some of Microtex train lighting battery features that Coach Factories in India and abroad look for, include:
- Balanced Active Materials ensure consistent cranking currents & trouble free performance.
- Deep Cycling capabilities with quick recovery from deep discharges
- Easy recharging
- Long service life
- Heavy duty Terminals with tin plated copper inserts which do not melt in service
- Additional feature with Anti corrosion properties
- Extremely low maintenance due to special low antimony alloys
- Rugged PPCP Containers & Covers or in sturdy Hard Rubber (Ebonite) Containers
- Available in the standard RDSO approved dimensions
- High Pressure Die (150 bar)casted Spine Grids for Tubular Positive Plates.
- Woven Tubular Gauntlets for Tubular plates ensure it will not rupture in service and active material will not leak.
- Special Ceramic Vent Plugs ensure water is trapped & sent back into the cells during gassing when charging
- High quality Copper inserts inside terminal pillars ensure high conductivity & better cranking currents.
- Heavy duty welded intercell connectors with tin plated copper inserts to eliminate melting
Caring for your train lighting battery
- Overcharging damages cells: Try to use automatic chargers that switch off once the battery reaches its maximum charge.
- If you don’t possess an auto-charger, set a charge time via alarm clock or other means to check the charging progression in incremental periods.
- Check water levels each month: Level checks are particularly easy with Microtex batteries, as the vent plugs are fitted with visual indicator floats marked red & green
- Always use demineralized water.
- Regularly check for corrosion: Our battery terminals are coated for anti-corrosion properties, though, from time to time it may be necessary to clean the terminals
- Take preventative measures: A thin layer of petroleum jelly will protect your battery terminal from corrosion.
Dictating best practices for those who maintain train lighting battery are one thing, implementing them are another. If you need any more information about train lighting battery for the Railway industry (or 8v 290Ah battery for end on generation, or Diesel Locomotive engine starter batteries or Railway Signalling Batteries or TRD Battery) contact our team for personalized information and a custom quote.
Related blog article