Microtex Electric Loco Battery, EMU Battery
Electric locomotive & Electric Multiple Units batteries
Prompt Deliveries - call us now!
Microtex Electric Locomotive Battery, EMU Battery
Microtex regularly supply electric locomotive batteries to the Indian Railways
Microtex electric locomotive and EMU batteries developed for the Indian Railways are approved by RDSO, Ministry of Railways, Government of India, and are manufactured in PPCP Battery Containers. Microtex Electric Locomotive Batteries are robust and designed to meet the demanding performance requirement in the Indian Railways. Microtex was the first battery manufacturer to offer electric locomotive battery in PPCP containers.
- Sturdy PPCP (polypropylene copolymer) containers for durability
- Designer lead alloys with low antimony for positive plates & negative plates to prevent failures due to corrosion
- Low Antimony reduces the need to top up more frequently
- Correctly Balanced Active Materials ensure long life & trouble free performance
- 150 bar High Pressure Die casted Spine Grids for Tubular Positive Plates (densely compacted under such high pressures prevent early corrosion failures)
- Superior Woven Tubular Gauntlets (not NON Wovens) for Tubular plates Woven tubular gauntlets will not rupture in service and active material will not leak causing internal shorts & failure
- Specially designed Vent Plugs with high visual Red Float level indicator offers easy visual indication of electrolyte level
- Special lead coated, corrosion resistant bolts
Benefits for you
- Long service life – best return on investment cost
- High capacity tubular battery with deep discharge characteristics recovers from deep cycles quickly
- Low water consumption – less frequent maintenance
Electric Loco & EMU Batteries range, approved by RDSO:
- 10v 75Ah
- 10v 90Ah
Microtex Electric Loco Battery comply with RDSO Specification RDSO/PE/EMU/SPEC/0014-2000 Rev 0 Amdt 1&2
- Microtex Electric Locomotive Battery User Manual
- Microtex Electric Locomotive Battery Charging Instructions
Microtex Electric Locomotive batteries meet
stringent RDSO standards
We manufacture the complete battery & all components in house!
Microtex produces the specially designed lead alloys, lead oxides, grid castings, pasted plates, injection molded containers, multi-tubular gauntlets, PVC separators in house, and produces the complete battery using state-of-the-art industry standard battery making machinery. Our batteries are built with proven designs and undergo complete life cycle testing to international norms before they are offered to the market. The electrical lab is complete with high quality LCT from world class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron.
Established in 1969
Microtex Electric Locomotive Batteries are RDSO approved
MICROTEX Electric Loco and EMU batteries developed for the Indian Railways are approved by RDSO, Ministry of Railways, Government of India, and are manufactured in PPCP Battery Containers. Microtex Electric Loco Batteries are robust and designed to meet the demanding performance requirement in the Indian Railways. Microtex was the first battery manufacturer to offer electric loco battery in PPCP containers.
Exporting Batteries to
27 countries since 1977!
Microtex Electric Locomotive batteries are packed with huge reserve power!
Request a Quote for Electric Locomotive Batteries
Related Blog posts
The perception in the public domain is that lead acid batteries are old technology. Lithium ion batteries has a different perception, it is modern, cleaner, it has 3 or 4 times the energy density and a longer cycle life. With all of this, what possible advantages could the 150-year old lead acid technology bring to the table?