Microtex diesel locomotive engine starter battery
Diesel locomotive engine starter batteries for the locomotive industry
Prompt Deliveries - call us now!
Microtex diesel locomotive starter battery - approved by Indian Railways
Microtex regularly export diesel locomotive engine starter batteries
Diesel locomotive engines use heavy duty industrial diesel locomotive engine starter batteries for starting and operation of a variety of on-board equipment. The modern diesel locomotive in India is a self contained version of the electric locomotive. Like the electric locomotive in Indian Railways, it has electric drive, in the form of traction motors driving the axles and controlled with electronics. For over five decades, Microtex has been a technological leader in the development of high performance Industrial lead acid batteries, especially for Indian Railways. Microtex continues its commitment to research and development for improving diesel loco starter batteries as per customer need of railway diesel locomotive engine starter battery with RDSO approved specifications.
- Sturdy container design for durability
- Designer lead alloys with low antimony for tubular positive plates & negative plates to prevent failures due to corrosion
- Special Low Antimony alloys makes for less water topping up requirements & reduces the need to top up more frequently
- Correctly Balanced Active Materials ensure long life & trouble free performance
- 150 bar High Pressure Die casted Spine Grids for Tubular Positive Plates (densely compacted under such high pressures prevent early corrosion failures)
- Superior Woven Tubular Gauntlets (not NON Wovens) for Tubular plates Woven tubular gauntlets will not rupture in service and active material will not leak causing internal shorts & failure
- Specially designed Vent Plugs with high visual Red Float level indicator offers easy visual indication of electrolyte level
- High quality flexible copper cell connectors with accurate current rating design
- Special lead coated, corrosion resistant bolts
- Plastic shrouds on connectors ensure no accidental shorts
- Prefer Factory Charged Batteries – No fuss no mess. Use straight away
Benefits for you
Some of Microtex diesel locomotive engine starter battery features that locomotive manufacturers in India and abroad look for, include:
- Balanced Active Materials ensure consistent cranking currents & trouble free performance
- Excellent reserve capacity
- Exceeds the required number of cranks in cranking test
- Excellent cranking currents
- Superior sustained cranking currents
- Deep Cycling capabilities with quick recovery from unexpected deep discharges
- Easy recharging
- Long service life
- Heavy duty Terminals with tin plated copper inserts which do not melt in service
- Very less water consumption – extremely low maintenance, due to special designer lead alloys
- Rugged PPCP Containers & Covers housed in Fibre Reinforced Plastics tray or in sturdy Hard Rubber (Ebonite) Containers
- Available in the standard international sizes fits most diesel Locomotive engines worldwide
- High Pressure Die (150 bar)casted Spine Grids for Tubular Positive Plates.
- Woven Tubular Gauntlets for Tubular plates ensure it will not rupture in service and active material will not leak
- Special Ceramic Vent Plugs ensure water is trapped & sent back into the cells during gassing when charging
- High quality Copper inserts inside terminal pillars ensure high conductivity & better cranking currents
- Heavy duty welded intercell connectors with tin plated copper inserts to eliminate melting
Microtex diesel locomotive engine starter batteries are available in the standard international range with superior, heavy duty – high performance, tubular plates
In HR containers:
- 8v 290Ah
- 8v 350Ah
- 8v 450Ah
In hermetically heat sealed PPCP containers housed in light weight super strong FRP containers:
- 8v 165Ah
- 8v 290Ah
- 8v 350Ah
- 8v 450Ah
- 8v 500Ah
- Battery is supplied suitably packed for transport
- Instruction & maintenance manual
- Charging manual
- Charging & user record book
- Test Certificate
- In India – One tree sapling to promote a green environment
- Peace of mind with our dedicated all India service support
Caring for your diesel locomotive starter battery
- Overcharging damages cells: Try to use automatic chargers that switch off once the battery reaches its maximum charge
- If you don’t possess an auto-charger, set a charge time via alarm clock or other means to check the charging progression in incremental periods
- Check water levels each month: Level checks are particularly easy with Microtex batteries, as the vent plugs are fitted with visual indicator floats marked red & green
- Always use demineralized water
- Regularly check for corrosion: Our battery terminals are coated for anti-corrosion properties, though, from time to time it may be necessary to clean the terminals
- Take preventative measures: A thin layer of petroleum jelly will protect your battery terminal from corrosion
Dictating best practices for those who maintain diesel Locomotive engine starter battery are one thing, implementing them are another. If you need any more information about batteries for the Railway industry (or 8v 290Ah battery for end on generation Power cars) contact our team for personalized information and a custom quote
Please provide us with the following information to ensure that you receive the right battery for years of great performance:
- What is the voltage & AH capacity of the Battery
- Material of the Container-PPCP in FRP Tray or Molded Hard Rubber (HR)
- Specification conforming to RDSO Spec, DLW Spec or IS Spec
- Number of Batteries per system/Bank
- Are maintenance tool kit required? if so please specify the tools required
- Are the batteries required in dry uncharged or factory charged condition (Prefer factory charging for long life)
- Microtex Diesel Locomotive Engine Starter Battery Charging Instructions
Microtex Diesel Locomotive Engine Starter Batteries meet stringent international standards
We manufacture the complete battery & all components in house!
Microtex produces the specially designed lead alloys, lead oxides, grid castings, pasted plates, injection molded containers, multi-tubular gauntlets, PVC separators in house, and produces the complete battery using state-of-the-art industry standard battery making machinery. Our batteries are built with proven designs and undergo complete life cycle testing to international norms before they are offered to the market. The electrical lab is complete with high quality LCT from world class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron.
Established in 1969
Microtex Diesel Locomotive Engine Starter Battery
keeps your locomotive going!
Specially designed and engineered for the railway industry, the Microtex diesel Locomotive engine starter battery feature higher cranking currents and a higher reserve capacity to augment the auxiliary on-board equipment on the diesel locomotive, making it the choice of the Indian Railways. The cells are constructed to form 8 volt monoblocks. Each 2v Battery is hermetically heat sealed and housed in a Fibre Reinforced Plastic tray designed specifically to avoid any leakage of electrolyte. Electrolyte leakage causes costly corrosion buildup and leakage currents which could damage the electronics in the modern diesel locomotive. The foolproof design ensures the diesel Locomotive engine starter battery performs without any leakage throughout its service life.
The balanced active materials in the woven gauntlet positive tubular plate design and construction ensure higher capacity in the same space. Built to perform in the stringent requirements of the locomotives, these locomotive starter batteries have been serving the Indian railways since 1994 and are the trusted choice of the railways.
Special designer lead alloys, comprising of very low antimony selenium lead with special grain refiners added, to provide minimum water consumption, ensuring reduced water topping up frequency and making it easier to maintain. The woven engineered gauntlets, with precise porosity, do not rupture or burst in service and are superior to the non-woven gauntlets. The terminals are provided with tin-plated electrolytic grade copper inserts to eliminate terminal melting and provide better electrical conductivity minimising internal electrical resistance.
Exporting Batteries to 27 countries since 1977!
Microtex Locomotive Batteries offer high cranking currents - high sustained cranking currents
Request a Quote for Diesel Locomotive Engine Batteries
Related Blog posts
Dr Mike writes for Microtex Battery Blog with detailed & informative technical articles on batteries
The perception in the public domain is that lead acid batteries are old technology. Lithium ion batteries has a different perception, it is modern, cleaner, it has 3 or 4 times the energy density and a longer cycle life. With all of this, what possible advantages could the 150-year old lead acid technology bring to the table?