railway trd batteries. track distribution battery. railway track battery
Microtex Railway TRD Battery 2v 40Ah & 2v 200Ah - HR & PPCP Containers
Microtex railway track battery
Microtex railway track battery are available in the standard RDSO approved range: 110v 40Ah & 110v 200Ah systems
Microtex trd Batteries meet stringent RDSO Standards
Microtex Railway TRD Battery
Microtex TRD batteries comply with RDSO Specification RDSO/PE/SPEC/TL/0040-2003 Rev 0 Amdt No 1&2
Our labs are equipped with state-of-the-art high-quality life cycle testers from world-class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron to ensure our batteries stand meet the required electrical parameters to the test of time.
Microtex is an ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 certified company.
Microtex railway track battery in Hard Rubber Containers:
- 2v 40Ah in hard Rubber container
- 2v 200Ah in hard Rubber container
Microtex railway track battery in PPCP Containers:
- New Improved Product:
- 2v 40AH in PPCP Container
- 2v 200Ah in PPCP Container
Microtex trd batteries are RDSO approved
110v 200Ah battery
choose Microtex for prompt deliveries of TRD batteries for your railway projects
Microtex TRD Flooded batteries comply with RDSO Specification RDSO/PE/SPEC/TL/0040-2003 Rev 0 Amdt No 1&2
MICROTEX have the complete range of products for TRD requirements and is a major supplier to the Indian Railways, since 1994. Microtex TRD Batteries are specially designed for very low maintenance requiring water top up once a year – most suited for remote applications where accessibility is poor. The cells have excellent reserve capacity and robust in construction supplied in both Hard Rubber and in PPCP hermetically heat sealed containers. Microtex offers the complete requirements of Railway TRD Battery from 110v 40Ah & 110v 200Ah. Microtex is a dependable backup power source for the critical Track Distribution infrastructure to ensure total reliability for trackside Electrical installations. Microtex TRD batteries are available in both Hard Rubber Containers & in PPCP containers. Microtex have the ability to supply large quantities of TRD batteries at short notice.Microtex is a Reputed Supplier to the Indian Railways and have proven performance and track record for high quality batteries.
Microtex robust designs, Railway Track battery - for great performance
Specially designed and engineered for the railway industry, the Microtex TRD batteries feature higher currents and a higher reserve capacity. This augments the usage of these railway track batteries in remote locations where power outages are frequent. This makes it the choice of the Indian Railways & Railway track projects. The 2v cells are constructed with meticulous care & designs. Each cell is housed in a PPCP container & hermetically heat sealed for the life of the battery to avoid any leakage of electrolyte. Electrolyte leakage causes costly corrosion buildup and leakage currents which could damage the costly electronics in the TRD equipment. The foolproof design ensures the railway track battery performs without any troubles throughout its service life.
The balanced active materials in the woven gauntlet positive tubular plate design and construction ensure higher capacity in the same available space. Built to perform in the stringent requirements of the harsh remote areas, these batteries have been serving the Indian railways since 1994 and are the first choice of the Indian railways.
Special designer lead alloys, comprising of very low antimony selenium lead with special grain refiners added, to provide minimum water consumption, ensure reduced water topping up frequency and making it easier to maintain. The woven engineered gauntlets, with precise porosity, do not rupture or burst in service and are superior to the non-woven gauntlets. The terminals are provided with tin plated copper inserts to eliminate terminal melting and provide better electrical conductivity minimising internal electrical resistance.
Microtex is a Major supplier and supplying railway track batteries to the Indian Railways since 1994.
Some of Microtex railway track battery features that railway track equipment manufacturers in India look for include:
- Balanced Active Materials ensure consistent deep cycle performance & have high reserve capacity
- Deep Cycling capabilities with quick recovery from deep discharges
- Easy recharging
- Long service life
- Heavy duty Terminals
- Additional feature with Anti corrosion properties
- Extremely low maintenance due to special low antimony alloys
- Rugged PPCP Containers & Covers housed in Fibre Reinforced Plastics tray or in sturdy Hard Rubber (Ebonite) Containers
- Available in the standard international sizes fits most Locomotives worldwide
- High Pressure Die (150 bar)casted Spine Grids for Tubular Positive Plates.
- Woven Tubular Gauntlets for Tubular plates ensure it will not rupture in service and active material will not leak.
- Special Ceramic Vent Plugs ensure water is trapped & sent back into the cells during gassing when charging
- High quality Copper inserts inside terminal pillars ensure high conductivity & better cranking currents.
- Heavy duty welded intercell connectors with tin plated copper inserts to eliminate melting
Caring for your railway track battery
- Overcharging damages cells: Try to use automatic chargers that switch off once the battery reaches its maximum charge.
- If you don’t possess an auto-charger, set a charge time via alarm clock or other means to check the charging progression in incremental periods.
- Check water levels each month: Level checks are particularly easy with Microtex batteries, as the vent plugs are fitted with visual indicator floats marked red & green
- Always use demineralized water.
- Regularly check for corrosion: Our battery terminals are coated for anti-corrosion properties, though, from time to time it may be necessary to clean the terminals
- Take preventative measures: A thin layer of petroleum jelly will protect your battery terminal from corrosion.
Dictating best practices for those who maintain TRD batteries are one thing, implementing them are another. If you need any more information about other batteries for the Railway industry (like end on generation starter batteries) or Diesel Locomotive batteries or Railway Signaling Battery contact our team for personalized information and a custom quote.
the Microtex advantage.
Related blog article
A Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) battery is simply a lead acid battery in which the electrolyte has been immobilised in order to recombine hydrogen and oxygen. It has a sealed construction with pressure release valves to prevent gases from escaping…
Tubular Gel Valve Regulated lead Acid Battery are lead acid batteries with tubular positive plates for cyclic applications and it is sealed for its service life and are maintenance free. The Gel is manufactured in a secret recipe with German technology, where the electrolyte is jellified in a fumed silica base.
A battery is an electrochemical device which stores energy in a chemically bonded structure and releases the energy in the form of electrons resulting from the battery’s chemical discharge reactions. Charging the battery provides the electrons to reform the chemical bonds which are stored in the battery’s active materials.