railway signalling 2v 80Ah battery to 500Ah RDSO Part 1 Approved Source
MICROTEX Railway Signaling Battery 2v 80Ah-500Ah RDSO Approved Part 1
Microtex railway signaling battery
Microtex railway signaling batteries are available in the standard RDSO approved range:
Microtex Railway Signalling Batteries conform to RDSO Spec IRS/S:93/96 Amdt 1 and IRS S-88/2004
Our labs are equipped with state-of-the-art high-quality life cycle testers from world-class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron to ensure our batteries stand meet the required electrical parameters to the test of time.
Microtex is an ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 certified company.
Microtex railway signaling batteries in Hard Rubber Containers:
New improved product - immediate supplies
Microtex signal batteries in PPCP Containers:
choose Microtex for prompt deliveries of railway signaling batteries for railway projects
Railway Signaling & Telecommunications batteries conforming to RDSO spec. IRS:S-93/96(Amdt 1) & IRS-S-88/2004
MICROTEX have the complete range of batteries for Railway Signaling and Telecommunications requirements and is a Part 1 supplier to the Indian Railways. Microtex Railway Signaling Batteries are specially designed for very low maintenance. Requiring water top up once a year – it is most suited for remote applications where accessibility is poor. The battery have excellent reserve capacity and robust in construction. Supplied in both Hard Rubber and in PPCP hermetically heat sealed containers. Microtex offers the complete requirements of Railway Signaling battery from 40 Ah to 500 Ah. Microtex is a dependable backup power source for the critical Railway Signalling infrastructure to ensure total reliability for trackside signaling installations. Microtex Railway Signaling batteries are available in both low maintenance batteries and Maintenance free VRLA Battery. Suitable for signaling, level crossing and point operation, positive train control, security surveillance and telecommunications equipment.
Microtex is a Part 1 supplier to the Indian Railways and have proven performance and track record for high quality & reliable Railway Signaling batteries.
Microtex Railway Signaling Battery - robust design, deep cycle battery - for rugged performance
Specially designed and engineered for the railway industry, the Microtex signaling batteries feature higher currents and a higher reserve capacity to augment the usage of these batteries in remote locations where power outages are frequent, making it the choice of the Indian Railways & Railway projects. The 2v cells are constructed with meticulous care & designs. Each cell is housed in a PPCP container & hermetically heat sealed for the life of the battery to avoid any leakage of electrolyte. Electrolyte leakage causes costly corrosion buildup and leakage currents which could damage the costly electronics in the signal equipments. The foolproof design ensures the battery performs without any troubles throughout its service life.
The balanced active materials in the woven gauntlet positive tubular plate design and construction ensure higher capacity in the same available space. Built to perform in the stringent requirements of the harsh remote areas, these batteries have been serving the Indian railways since 1994 and are the first choice of the Indian railways.
Special designer lead alloys, comprising of very low antimony selenium lead with special grain refiners added, to provide minimum water consumption, ensure reduced water topping up frequency and making it easier to maintain. The woven engineered gauntlets, with precise porosity, do not rupture or burst in service and are superior to the non-woven gauntlets. The terminals are provided with tin plated copper inserts to eliminate terminal melting and provide better electrical conductivity minimising internal electrical resistance.
The batteries are tested and approved by RDSO (Research Designs & Standards Organization, Ministry of Railways, Government of India).
Microtex is a Part 1 supplier and supplying batteries to the Indian Railways since 1994.
Some of Microtex Railway Signaling battery features that Railway equipment manufacturers in India look for, include:
- Balanced Active Materials ensure consistent deep cycle performance & have high reserve capacity
- Deep Cycling capabilities with quick recovery from deep discharges
- Easy recharging
- Long service life
- Heavy duty Terminals
- Additional feature with Anti corrosion properties
- Extremely low maintenance due to special low antimony alloys
- Rugged PPCP Containers & Covers hermetically heat sealed or in sturdy Hard Rubber (Ebonite) Containers
- Available in the standard RDSO approved sizes
- High Pressure Die (150 bar)casted Spine Grids for Tubular Positive Plates.
- Woven Tubular Gauntlets for Tubular plates ensure it will not rupture in service and active material will not leak.
- Special Ceramic Vent Plugs ensure water is trapped & sent back into the cells during gassing when charging
- Float cum / vent plug to visually inspect electrolyte level
- Heavy duty welded intercell connectors with tin plated copper inserts to eliminate melting
Caring for your Signalling battery
- Overcharging damages cells: Please ensure to use automatic chargers that switch off once the battery reaches its maximum charge.
- Check water levels every six months (although designed for yearly top up, it is a good idea to check this every 6 months): Level checks are particularly easy with Microtex batteries, as the vent plugs are fitted with visual indicator floats marked red & green
- Always use demineralized water.
- Regularly check for corrosion: Our battery terminals are coated for anti-corrosion properties, though, from time to time it may be necessary to clean the terminals
- Take preventative measures: A thin layer of petroleum jelly will protect your battery terminal from corrosion.
Dictating best practices for those who maintain railway signalling batteries are one thing, implementing them are another. If you need any more information about batteries for the Railway industry (or TRD batteries) contact our team for personalized information and a custom quote.
If you are looking for other Railway Batteries please follow these links..
the Microtex advantage.
Related blog article
A Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) battery is simply a lead acid battery in which the electrolyte has been immobilised in order to recombine hydrogen and oxygen. It has a sealed construction with pressure release valves to prevent gases from escaping…
Tubular Gel Valve Regulated lead Acid Battery are lead acid batteries with tubular positive plates for cyclic applications and it is sealed for its service life and are maintenance free. The Gel is manufactured in a secret recipe with German technology, where the electrolyte is jellified in a fumed silica base.
A battery is an electrochemical device which stores energy in a chemically bonded structure and releases the energy in the form of electrons resulting from the battery’s chemical discharge reactions. Charging the battery provides the electrons to reform the chemical bonds which are stored in the battery’s active materials.