8v 290Ah batteries for Powercar Generators
8v 290Ah battery 24v 290Ah Battery | Powercar EoG Generator starting
Microtex 8v 290Ah battery
Microtex 8v 290Ah Battery meet stringent RDSO Standards
Microtex 8v 290Ah batteries comply with RDSO Specification No ELPS/SPEC/TL/0001-98 Rev 0 Amdt No 1 Dec 2013
Microtex is an ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 certified company.
Our labs are equipped with state-of-the-art high-quality life cycle testers from world-class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron to ensure our batteries stand meet the required electrical parameters to the test of time.
Microtex 8v 290Ah batteries are available in the Robust Hard Rubber Containers or in PPCP hermetically Heat Sealed 2v cells assembled in FRP Containers to 8v 290Ah battery
8v 290Ah Battery
24v 290Ah Battery
8v 290Ah Battery / 24v 290Ah battery or Powercar Battery for Generator in EOG End on Generation Coach – RDSO Approved
Microtex regularly export 8v 290Ah batteries
End on Generation cars have 2 Diesel Generator engines which use heavy duty 8v 290Ah Battery for starting the engines. For over five decades, Microtex has been a technological leader in the development of high performance Industrial lead acid batteries, especially for Indian Railways. Microtex continues its commitment to research and development for improving 8v 290Ah batteries as per customer needs of railway power car battery with RDSO approved specifications.
Microtex 8v 290Ah battery with High Cranking Currents - High Sustained Cranking Currents
Specially designed and engineered for the railway industry, the Microtex 8v 290Ah Battery feature higher cranking currents and a higher reserve capacity to augment any extra power requirement of the genset, making it the choice of the rail industry.
The cells are constructed to form 8 volt monoblocs, each cell is either hermetically heat sealed and housed in a Fibre Reinforced Plastic tray or in Robust Hard Rubber Containers designed specifically to avoid any leakage of electrolyte. Electrolyte leakage causes costly corrosion buildup and leakage currents which could damage the electronics in the Genset. The foolproof design ensures the 8v 290Ah Battery performs without any leakage throughout its service life.
The balanced active materials inside the woven gauntlet positive tubular plate design and construction ensure higher capacity in the same space. Built to perform in the stringent requirements of the Genset, these 8v 290Ah Battery have been serving the Indian railways since 1994 and are the trusted choice of the railways.
Special designer lead alloys, comprising of very low antimony selenium lead with special grain refiners added, to provide minimum water consumption, ensuring reduced water topping up frequency and making it easier to maintain. The woven engineered gauntlets, with precise porosity, do not rupture or burst in service and are superior to the non-woven gauntlets. The terminals are provided with tin plated copper inserts to eliminate terminal melting and provide better electrical conductivity minimising internal electrical resistance.
The 8v 290Ah Battery are tested and approved by RDSO (Research Designs & Standards Organization, Ministry of Railways, Government of India).
Some of Microtex 8v 290Ah Battery features that Genset manufacturers in India look for, include:
- Balanced Active Materials ensure consistent cranking currents & trouble free performance.
- Deep Cycling capabilities with quick recovery from deep discharges
- Easy recharging
- Long service life
- Heavy duty Terminals with tin plated copper inserts which do not melt in service
- Additional feature with Anti corrosion properties
- Extremely low maintenance due to special low antimony alloys
- Superior Robust Hard Rubber Containers or
- Rugged PPCP Containers & Covers housed in Fibre Reinforced Plastics tray
- Available in the standard international sizes fits most Locomotives worldwide
- High Pressure Die (150 bar)casted Spine Grids for Tubular Positive Plates.
- Woven Tubular Gauntlets for Tubular plates ensure it will not rupture in service and active material will not leak.
- Special Ceramic Vent Plugs ensure water is trapped & sent back into the cells during gassing when charging
- High quality Copper inserts inside terminal pillars ensure high conductivity & better cranking currents.
- Heavy duty welded intercell connectors with tin plated copper inserts to eliminate melting
Caring for your 8v 290Ah Battery
- Overcharging damages cells: Try to use automatic chargers that switch off once the battery reaches its maximum charge.
- If you don’t possess an auto-charger, set a charge time via alarm clock or other means to check the charging progression in incremental periods.
- Check water levels each month: Level checks are particularly easy with Microtex batteries, as the vent plugs are fitted with visual indicator floats marked red & green
- Always use demineralized water.
- Regularly check for corrosion: Our battery terminals are coated for anti-corrosion properties, though, from time to time it may be necessary to clean the terminals
- Take preventative measures: A thin layer of petroleum jelly will protect your battery terminal from corrosion.
Dictating best practices for those who maintain 8v 290Ah Battery are one thing, implementing them are another. If you need any more information about batteries for the Railway industry (or Diesel Locomotive starter batteries) contact our team for personalized information and a custom quote. For Signaling Battery, TRD Battery or Train Lighting Batteries please follow the links.
the Microtex advantage.
Related blog article
A Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) battery is simply a lead acid battery in which the electrolyte has been immobilised in order to recombine hydrogen and oxygen. It has a sealed construction with pressure release valves to prevent gases from escaping…
Tubular Gel Valve Regulated lead Acid Battery are lead acid batteries with tubular positive plates for cyclic applications and it is sealed for its service life and are maintenance free. The Gel is manufactured in a secret recipe with German technology, where the electrolyte is jellified in a fumed silica base.
A battery is an electrochemical device which stores energy in a chemically bonded structure and releases the energy in the form of electrons resulting from the battery’s chemical discharge reactions. Charging the battery provides the electrons to reform the chemical bonds which are stored in the battery’s active materials.