Microtex 2v OPzV batteries for a wide range of applications like Power Generation, Hydro-electric, Nuclear Stations, Solar, Offshore Oil rigs, Petrochemical complexes - 2v batteries 100Ah to 3000Ah
MICROTEX 2v OPzV battery The finest in tubular Gel battery technology
Microtex 2v OPzV battery
Microtex 2v OPzV batteries meet stringent international Standards
Microtex 2v OPzV Batteries generally conform to DIN 40 736 part 1, IS 1651-2013, Tests according to IEC 60 896-11 and safety standards, ventilation DIN EN 50 272-2. Microtex is an ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 certified company.
Our labs are equipped with state-of-the-art high-quality life cycle testers from world-class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron to ensure our batteries stand meet the required electrical parameters to the test of time.
2v OPzV battery range
- 2v OPzV batteries from 100Ah to 3000Ah
- Cells are supplied in Standard International Sizes meeting Standard dimensions
- All cells are supplied in high quality ABS containers
- Seismic qualified Steel racks can be supplied optionally
- Lead Tin Plated Copper Connectors with Passivated SS Fasteners
- Chargers, Connectors, Accessories & Demineralized water
Microtex have been manufacturing & exporting 2v OPzV batteries since 2007 for various backup battery applications meeting European norms.
-2v OPzV battery Tubular Gel technology
2v OPzV batteries are designed for deep discharge and float long duration applications in the Solar, Telecom & Power industries. Our cells are manufactured using the best industry techniques, extensive testing, and highest quality components. The ABS plastic containers maintain their rigid properties at a wide range of temperatures from −20 to 55 °C (−4 to 131 °F). Tubular gel (or TGel) OPzV batteries have imported German vent valves and no opening for water levels to check. Being a sealed unit, there is no risk of acid spillage, and these types of batteries can be installed in any position or configuration. Recharging is performed much more efficiently due to the special design of the active materials for charge acceptance.
2v OPzV Tubular Gel battery know-how with German technology
Microtex 2v OPzV batteries were completely designed and developed in house by Dr Wieland Rusch, a highly reputed Battery Scientist from Germany.
Our 2v OPzV batteries are designed for high energy capacity, deep cycle performance, short charging time, Sealed maintenance free operations, long cycle life with no maintenance:
- Complies with DIN 40 736 part 1, IS1651-1993, Tests according to IEC 60 896-11 and safety standards, ventilation DIN EN 50 272-2
- Balanced Active Materials ensure long life & trouble free performance.
- High Pressure Die casted Spine Grids for Tubular Positive Plates.
- Woven Tubular Gauntlets for Tubular plates ensure it will not rupture in service and active material will not leak.
- Specially designed Valve Regulated Vent Plugs imported from Germany offer high accuracy of release pressures during service life. These valves are the heart of the Gel battery and designed to perform accurately for the life of the battery
- High quality Lead Tin Plated Copper inter cell connectors with corrosion resistant passivated SS Fasteners.
- Plastic shrouds on connectors ensure no accidental shorts.
Benefits of our 2v OPzV batteries for the Standby industry
even more value addition:
- Our 2v OPzV batteries are Factory Charged Use straight away.
- Full international range of 2v cells from 100Ah to 3000Ah
- Rigid ABS container, ensure no bulging during life of battery
- Superior Thixo tropic Silica gel ensure cell will not dry out
- 50 years of battery manufacturing expertise combined with internationally reputed battery scientists & Battery experts ensure Microtex delivers you a high-quality international performance.
- 26 company service engineers strategically located ensure you have peace of mind anywhere in India
Free health check up of your used 2v OPzV battery in India
Caring for your 2v OPzV battery investment
Although 2v OPzV battery are sealed maintenance free, it is a good idea to perform a regular voltage recording of each individual cell & perform an equalizing charge once a year to balance all the cells in the battery bank. This ensure a long service life.
We shall be happy to maintain your battery banks and help protect your investment. Call us now to schedule a free health check up of your OPzV battery +91 99020 30816
OPzV batteries are deep cycle batteries and generally refer to Sealed Maintenance Free Tubular Gel lead Acid Batteries in ABS containers. These batteries have a cell voltage of 2 volts and are connected together to obtain required voltages, usually used as a backup source in, Solar Battery applications, Power Generating Stations & Substation, Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Hydro & Thermal Power Generation Facilities, and Standby applications. The electrolyte is in gelled form and the battery does not leak.
The Microtex advantage
- Our batteries have a high capacity density and are designed for cyclic applications.
- Have fast recharging capability
- Built with high porosity woven tubular plates they are very robust and highly suited for deep cycling
- The gelled electrolyte has the advantage of no acid stratification and no failures due to the partial state of charge (PSoC)
- The containers and covers are made from high impact ABS which do not bulge in service removing the need for a steel module housing. The cells can be placed on racks in any orientation. They can be offered in FR Grade as optional.
- The lead alloys are special alloys of Tin-Calcium with special grain refiners to minimize grid corrosion
- The grids are casted at 150 bar pressure, ensuring high compaction of lead, making it robust & strong.
- Hardened lead alloys are used for the terminal posts to ensure better conductivity and fail proof connections
- The terminal bushings have a special sliding mechanism with rubber rings to stop acid creep which causes corrosion and also allows for the growth of the group inside
- This ensures the cover will not crack during its life
- The OPzV battery is designed to have a robust performance of 20 years on a float at 20’c
- The batteries can be supplied with seismic qualification and are ideally suited for mission-critical applications in earthquake-prone zones
- Very low Total Cost of Ownership – saves you time and money.
Microtex 2v OPzV battery - German design -packed with features
Packed with Features: MICROTEX – 2v OPzV Battery
- Specially designed Lead Tin Calcium alloys current carrying grids, provides better conductivity to the terminals with lower internal resistance. Presence of Tin and special grain refiners ensure a high performance plate resistant to grid corrosion.
- The special Tin alloys prevent water loss and helps in recombination allowing the water to be converted back during the battery reactions providing a maintenance free operation.
- High energy density with accurate and optimum balanced active materials, provide consistent capacity reliably.
- Tubular Spine grids with a robust diameter of 3.20 mm cast at over 150 bar pressure in automatic high Pressure Die casting machines for positive plates, ensures the lead is packed with high density which resists acid corrosion – ensures the life of 20 years in the positive plates
- Designer Vent valves open and close at precise pressures and does not allow any water loss
- High impact ABS container & cover (can be offered in FR Garde as optional) with large polarity indication enhances cell safety and easy visual of terminal polarity
- Hardened lead alloy with copper insert terminal posts – provide faster conductivity and fail proof connections requiring less maintenance
- Patent applied for, Smart Terminal pole bushing with rubber grommets, stops acid creep and corrosion and allows for movement upwards due to the natural growth of positive terminal which usually occurs after the 7th year of service, ensuring no breakage of cover in its designed service life.
- Batteries are supplied with factory pre formed plates. This ensure for reliable performance and no excess cycling required in the field to obtain rated capacity. Saves time for critical users.
- Batteries if required can be supplied with Seismic qualified stands with special acid proof coating.
Typical applications for 2v OPzV batteries
- nuclear power plants
- thermal power stations
- hydro power generation stations
- switchgear & controls applications
- petrochemical plants
- offshore oil rigs
- large ups systems
You can see our manufacturing process here...
Related Battery Blog
Related blog article