Microtex 2v HDP battery for Power Generation, Hydro-electric, Nuclear Stations
Nuclear industry - trusts Microtex 2v hdp batteries
Microtex 2v hdp Battery.
Microtex Advanced Calcium 2v hdp batteries with high power density are available for Power Generation, Hydro-electric, Nuclear Stations, Solar, offshore rigs, petrochemical complexes in transparent SAN containers from 100Ah to 3000Ah. Microtex has been manufacturing 2v hdp batteries since 2007 for standby battery applications meeting European norms.
HDP Definition stands for
Microtex 2v hdp Batteries meet stringent international Standards
Our labs are equipped with state-of-the-art high-quality life cycle testers from world-class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron to ensure our batteries stand meet the required electrical parameters to the test of time.
Microtex 2v hdp Batteries generally conform to DIN 40 736 part 1, IS 1651-2013, Tests according to IEC 60 896-11 and safety standards, ventilation DIN EN 50 272-2
Microtex is an ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified company.
OPzS Battery in SAN container
What are 2v hdp Batteries?
2v HDP Batteries are standby batteries used for higher rate of discharge and manufactured in Transparent SAN containers with Tubular Positive plates and Pasted Negative plates. These batteries have a cell voltage of 2 volts and connected to obtain higher voltages, usually used in Nuclear Facilities, Power Generating Stations & Substation, Solar and Standby applications.
What sets our 2v hdp Battery apart from the competition?
Packed with Features: MICROTEX – 2v HDP Battery
- The 2v HDP batteries meet the high rate discharge characteristics at working Specific gravity of electrolyte of 1.200
- The 2v HDP batteries have Deep cycling capabilities.
- These are highly reliable.
- Specially designed Calcium lead alloys for positive and Low antimony selenium alloys negative grids, provides better current conductivity to the terminals with lower internal resistance. Presence of Tin and special grain refiners ensure a high-performance plate resistant to grid corrosion.
- The special Calcium alloys prevent water loss and reduces the watering intervals in usage, this is a big positive factor for the maintenance team
- High efficiency with accurate and optimum balanced active materials, provide consistent capacity reliably.
- Tubular Spine grids with a Diameter 3.20 mm cast at over 150 bar pressure in high Pressure Die casting machines for positive plates, ensures the lead is packed with high density which resists acid corrosion – ensures the life of 20 years in the positive plates which usually are otherwise prone to corrosion.
- Designer Ceramic Vent plugs to trap water and allow only gases to pass through – minimizes water loss in the cell.
- High impact ABS cover with large polarity indication enhances cell safety and easy visual of terminal polarity
- Hardened lead alloy with copper insert terminal posts – provide faster conductivity and fail proof connections requiring less maintenance
- It is normal for the plates to grow on both sides, vertical & horizontal during the service life of the battery usually occurring noticeably towards the 7th year of service. To accommodate this growth Microtex have designed a unique (Patent applied for), Smart Terminal pole bushing with rubber grommets, stops acid creep and corrosion and allows for movement upwards without causing breakage to the cover, which is a common mode of failure in these types of batteries.
- Batteries are supplied with factory preformed plates. This ensure for reliable performance and no excess cycling required in the field to obtain rated capacity. Saves time for critical users.
- Batteries if required can be supplied with Seismic qualified stands with special acid proof coating.
Constructional Features of Microtex 2v hdp Battery
- Designer Calcium Lead Alloys: with special grain refiners, prevent grid growth & corrosion
- Thicker Spine Grids: Cast at 150 bar pressures, More density lead, more life. Long lasting battery for you
- DIN Design: German designs, for Indian conditions
- Special Moving Pole Bushing: Allows for creep, eliminating cover cracks
- Balanced Active Materials: Optimum design for complete reliability throughout service life
- Imported Containers: Transparent SAN containers allow for visual inspection of battery condition
- Special Ceramic Vent Plug: Porous Ceramic body provide better retention of acid aerosols and water vapour; ensures water is always available inside the cell. In addition, they have explosion inhibiting properties. Hydrogen & oxygen gases are developed in the overcharge phase creating highly explosive gases which could escape from the cell. In case of spark from outside the cell, the flame will be arrested by the porous ceramic.
Free health check up of your used 2v hdp battery banks in India. Get in touch with us.
Caring for your 2v hdp Battery
In the nuclear power plants, hydro & thermal power stations, it is advantageous to see the internal condition of a battery. That’s where our HDP flooded transparent container batteries come to the fore. With their rugged construction, high-quality component parts, and easy maintenance properties, our batteries make sense. SAN, (or Styrene Acrylonitrile) is a copolymer with excellent chemical and temperature resistance. Tubular plate flooded lead-acid batteries are manufactured with unique calcium alloys which perform well in both high cycling and float applications to deliver full capacity at critical moments when required.
Advantages of Microtex 2v hdp Batteries
- TOP UP ONCE A YEAR – reduced maintenance, for you!
- LONGER DISCHARGE TIME – dependable when needed
- LONG LIFE with German designs, these batteries are really trustworthy
- MINIMUM OPERATING COSTS with better return on investment
Typical applications of SAN Container 2v hdp Batteries
- Nuclear power plants
- Thermal Power Stations
- Hydro Power Generation Stations
- Switchgear & Control applications
- Petrochemical plants
- Substation Battery bank
- Solar Photovoltaic power
- Large UPS systems
- Offshore oil rigs
the Microtex advantage.
Related blog article
A Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) battery is simply a lead acid battery in which the electrolyte has been immobilised in order to recombine hydrogen and oxygen. It has a sealed construction with pressure release valves to prevent gases from escaping…
Tubular Gel Valve Regulated lead Acid Battery are lead acid batteries with tubular positive plates for cyclic applications and it is sealed for its service life and are maintenance free. The Gel is manufactured in a secret recipe with German technology, where the electrolyte is jellified in a fumed silica base.
A battery is an electrochemical device which stores energy in a chemically bonded structure and releases the energy in the form of electrons resulting from the battery’s chemical discharge reactions. Charging the battery provides the electrons to reform the chemical bonds which are stored in the battery’s active materials.
Call us, to clarify.
Get In touch
available from 09:00 – 19:00
Address 42 & 43, 2nd Main, 2nd Phase, Peenya Ind Area, Bengaluru – 560058, India
Email info @ microtex. in